CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 10, 2009

January 4, 1896

Springfield, MO
January 4, 1896
Dear Cousin,
I hope you had a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year. What did you get for Christmas? I got a writing desk and a book. We had a Christmas tree at the church. I got some writing paper. Carl and George each got albums. In Carl’s stocking was a toy gun and a little box that has pencils in it. We have a boy choir at our church. The boys get 40 cents a month. Whenever I am absent the minister takes off two cents. When you are not absent once you get the blue ribbon. But when you are absent you get the red ribbon. Aunt Carrie and cousin Effie and Mary have just went away. They were here three weeks. I have a pair Braham chickens. They are white. Please answer soon.
Arthur

Arthur S Crowinger
2129 N. Benton Ave.
Springfield, MO

Enclosure: A drawing of “Black Beauty” on very thin drawing paper.

No envelope

0 comments: